Friday, October 9, 2015

EEGAH!! AND TABONGA! AT THE MOVIES / The Early Sixties

The fun never ends, last night I sat down to get my sound clip and stills for today's post and my DVD player decided to quit working, and, I had to come up with Plan 9... So, here are some movies Eegah!! and I saw at the theater back in the early sixties, what lucky little monsters we were!!.. Jealous much?

ANGRY RED PLANET was one of the first flicks we saw together after we became pals in the 6th grade in 1959. We loved it a lot, it had all the elements that tickled our sci-fi horror bones. Although, we did think the rotating eyeball on the amoeba was hokey.

13 GHOSTS was another cool William Castle flick we definitely liked and saved our 3-D Ghost Viewer glasses for years before selling them on eBay...

We thought ATTACK OF THE GIANT LEECHES was a pretty good Corman experience, Eegah!! and I both got to hang out with director Bernie Kowalski a little.

All in all, we thought REPTILICUS was pretty bad, loved the acid spit though. I actually read the paperback novel before the movie was released, it had sex in it!

We thought THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE was pure schlock, in fact, I wrote a review and sent it to the editors of FAMOUS MONSTERS that was published in FM #22 where I pointed out that the guy on the operating table at the beginning of the movie HAS NO SKULL!! Check it out.

Oh, and, HAPPY HALLOWEEN COUNTDOWN, YA'LL...

4 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Cool post ... and thanks for sharing those memories....
a great weekend to you guys.... have a pleasant one

TABONGA! said...

Thanx Doc, we gots plenty of them - A great weekend to you too...

Debbie D said...

Oh no! That is frightful. Hope you have a back up DVD player!

TABONGA! said...

Hi Debbie, actually it's the Power DVD software on my computer, need to reinstall it, yeah, if that actually fixes the problem..

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??