Wednesday, August 2, 2017

MY SCIENCE PROJECT - "We Must Not Destroy The World" (Good Idea!) (1985)

I don't know what the budget was for tonight's Weird Wednesday feature, but I think they should have just fed a bunch of homeless people instead! The money would have been a lot better spent! Some people love this movie, but I just don't happen to be one of them!

So here it is, "My Science Project!" Let me know what grade you would give it!

Dennis Hopper is Bob Roberts, you know, kind of like Dick Peters!

When most high school kids need a quick fix science project, I've heard that a great majority of them seek out abandoned military equipment graveyards!

Backyard mechanics and alien technology make for strange bedfellows!

Wow, a Neo-Spectometer, I haven't seen one of those in like never!

Bob's an olde druggie, so he digs the juice!!

Then it gets really out of hand...

...And a timewarp portal opens!

 "My Science Project" was also released as "Time Busters!"

The real honest fact of the matter is, I used my own portable time machine to fast forward through the last 20 or 30 minutes!

I started to feel like this when I realized I wasn't a teenager any more!


Any movie playback device whether it be streaming, a DVD or even a VHS tape, enables you to manipulate time forward or backwards like a time machine, the only difference is, even if you go backward you don't regain the time you spent going forward, or as The Firesign Theatre so succinctly stated, "How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all?"

If you're really in the mood to watch a teen movie from 1985, I think "Weird Science" with Kelly LeBrock, and a soundtrack that includes music by Oingo Boingo and Wall Of Voodoo is a better choice! I'm not usually like this, but I give this science project an F!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee...we liked this one! Plus, anything with Dennis Hopper is, well, KEEN! ;)

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??